- 4 chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 cup flour, for dredging
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup kisan canola cooking oil
- 1/4 parsley leaves, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning or dried basil or dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare the sheet pan. Coat very lightly with vegetable oil and place in preheated oven for 5 minutes, which will help ensure both sides of the nuggets are evenly browned.
- Prepare a dredging station. Place flour in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Beside it, place a bowl with whisked eggs. Lastly, combine the breadcrumbs with the grated cheese, seasoning and parsley in a bowl.
- To make the breading, first dip the chicken nugget into the flour and shake off any excess. Second, dip the nugget into the egg. Finally, dip the nugget into the breadcrumbs and make sure it is all covered.
- Place breaded nuggets onto the sheet pan. Bake the nuggets for 30 minutes or until they are cooked through and the crumbs turn a golden brown colour. Halfway through cooking, turn the nuggets for even colouring.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping and enjoy!
If you want to make these nuggets even healthier swap out the white flour for whole wheat flour, and use whole wheat bread crumbs instead of regular bread crumbs.