- 8 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- 1 Thai chile
- 1 star anise pod
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons kisan canola cooking oil
- 2 ounces watercress sprigs
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- Place first 7 ingredients in a 6-quart electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 7 1/2 hours. Remove chicken. When cool enough to handle, remove skin and bones, and discard. Shred chicken into large pieces.
- Cover slow cooker, and cook on HIGH 30 minutes or until rice mixture is thickened. Remove chile and star anise; discard. Stir in chicken. Divide rice mixture among 8 bowls. Top servings evenly with peanuts, green onions, chili oil, watercress, and avocado.