- 2 pounds of seitan
- 6 large green onions sliced on the bias
- 1 cup of low sodium soy sauce
- 1.5 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of minced ginger
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp of corn starch OR 3 tbsp of flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- kisan pure Vegetable ghee for sauteeing
- Cooked rice
- Combine soy sauce, water, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, corn starch and sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Over high heat, add vegetable ghee to a large sautee pan or wok. Allow ghee to heat up, about 2 minutes.
- Slice seitan into 1 inch slices.
- Add seitan slices and sautee for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add soy mixture to seitan and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add in scallions, toss everything together and serve immediately over rice.