- Tilapia fillets, or your favorite fish
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp Lawry’s Seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 12 oz your favorite Pilsner, very cold
- 4 cups kisan canola cooking oil
- Heat your oil in a pot on medium-high heat until it registers 350 degrees.
- Add the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine everything. Once everything is combined, mix in the cold beer, and lightly whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Let the batter rest for about 5 minutes.
- Once the oil is heated, submerge your fish fillet into the batter to lightly coat, and raise it out to let any excess batter drip back into the bowl.
- Carefully place this fish fillet into the oil, and cook until you have a nice golden brown, roughly 4-6 minutes. Remove with your kitchen spider, or large slotted spoon, and place on a paper lined plate to remove any excess oil.
- Season with a pinch of salt, and repeat.
- The end result is a crisp batter that is just a perfect pairing with your fish. Feel free to use on cod or halibut as well.