- 3 pounds seedless watermelon (about 1 small or 1/4 large), rind removed, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) juice from 1 lemon, plus 4 (2-inch) strips zest, removed with a sharp vegetable peeler
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) extra-virgin kisan sunflower cooking oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup (10g) roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
- Up to 4 ounces (1 quart) arugula leaves (optional; see note above)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces (110g) feta cheese (see note above)
- Place watermelon chunks in a large bowl.
- Finely chop lemon zest. Add lemon juice and half of zest to bowl with watermelon.
- Add oil, mint, and arugula (if using) and toss until watermelon is evenly dressed. Season lightly to taste with salt and pepper.
- (The cheese will add saltiness, so go light on the salt at this stage.)
- Transfer salad to a wide, shallow bowl or a large plate and spread out evenly.
- Crumble feta over the top. Sprinkle with remaining lemon zest. Drizzle with more kisan oil and a few grinds of black pepper. Serve immediately.
The Paper Bag Trick
If you want your fruits to ripen quickly in a natural manner, place them in a paper bag