- knob of butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 650g carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp kisan canola cooking oil
- 1 vegetable stockpot, made with 1ltr hot water
- 4 bake-at-home petit pains, to serve
- 30g pack fresh coriander
- 4 tbsp single cream
- ½ tsp paprika
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 mins until soft.
- Add the carrots, potato, and ground coriander and some seasoning, and mix well.
- Pour the stock over the vegetables. Stir to coat and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer fo 10-15 mins until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven following the petit pains pack instructions. Bake for the last 8-10 mins of the soup’s cooking time, then remove the soup from the heat.
- Add two-thirds of the coriander leaves and stalks to the soup, then blend until smooth using a hand blender. Roughly chop the remaining coriander leaves.
- Divide the soup between 4 bowls and swirl 1 tbsp cream into each. Garnish with the chopped coriander leaves, a sprinkling of paprika and a twist of black pepper. Serve immediately with the warm petit pains alongside.