- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 bell peppers (red, diced)
- 3 garlic cloves, (minced)
- 1 carrot (sliced)
- Optional: 1 can chickpeas
- 4 tablespoons kisan canola cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 1/2 cups tomatoes (diced)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3 limes (freshly squeezed juice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup basil (or cilantro fresh chopped)
- Sautee the onion, peppers, and garlic in olive oil in a large pot until onions are soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the basil, and bring to a simmer.
- Allow to cook over low heat for one hour.
- Transfer half of the soup to a blender and puree until smooth, then return to the pot.
- Add basil or cilantro and enjoy your coconut soup!
- This recipe is both vegetarian and vegan, so it is 100 percent egg-free, dairy-free and low in cholesterol. I like to add some diced and sauteed tofu to coconut soup to give it an extra boost of protein.?