- Ginger 1 piece, fresh, approx. 3 cm, finely chopped
- Galangal 1 piece, fresh, approx. 3 cm, finely chopped
- Chili pepper 4 each, dried
- Garlic 2 cloves, halved
- Kisan canola cooking oil 30 ml
- Lemongrass 1 stick, halved lengthways
- Fish sauce As needed
- lemon juice As needed
- King prawn 12 each, peeled, entrails removed
- Herbs Fresh, to garnish, e. g. coriander, Thai basil
- Fry the ginger and galangal (1 tbsp set aside), the prawn shells, 2 chili peppers and the garlic in hot oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Quench with 800 ml water.
- Add the lime leaves and the lemongrass and simmer for approx. 20 minutes.
- Sieve and season with fish sauce and lime juice.
- Add the prawns, the remaining ginger and chili peppers and cook on a low heat for around 3 minutes.
- Serve garnished with fresh herbs.