- 1-1/2 pounds boneless country-style meat ribs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (13.66 ounces each) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 ounces uncooked thin rice noodles
- 2 cups frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add rice noodles, pepper strips and water chestnuts;
- cook 30-35 minutes longer or until noodles are tender.
- If desired, skim soup. Just before serving, stir in cilantro and lime juice.
- Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Meet your Meat's Solution
When defrosting meat, remember to pour some vinegar over it.
It will bring down the temperature quickly and also tenderize it