- 600ml (1pt) vegetable stock
- 2.5cm (1in) piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 star anise
- bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, plus extra to serve
- small bunch coriander, leaves picked and chopped, stalks reserved
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 x 349g pack tofu, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp toasted kisan canola cooking oil
- In a large pan, heat the stock and 600ml (1pt) water. Add the ginger, star anise, half the onions, soy sauce and coriander stalks. Simmer for 15 minutes, then strain into a clean pan, discarding the solids. Return the pan to a low heat.
- Put 1 tsp cornflour in a small bowl with a ladleful of the soup. Mix with a spoon until smooth. Add the tofu to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes, pouring in the cornflour mixture. Stir well.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the remaining cornflour. Making sure your broth is at a low simmer and not boiling, gradually pour in the egg mixture in a thin ribbon, stirring gently until the egg is just cooked. Scatter over the remaining spring onions and coriander leaves. Drizzle with sesame oil.Serve with a little extra soy sauce, if you like.