- 2-3 cups left over turkey meat, shredded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bag carrots, chopped
- 1 tsp kisan canola cooking oil
- 2-4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 cartons chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice or left over rice stuffing
- 2-3 springs fresh parsley
- salt & pepper
- Pecorino Romano, grated
- Chop onion, celery and carrots. Add 2 tablespoons of kisan oil to pot and saute vegetables.
- Then add shredded turkey to pot and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add stock and cooked rice; cook on low for 1 hours.
- Ladle into bowls, top with grated Pecorino Romano and serve with your favorite bread.
- *If wanting to freeze, place soup mixture in gallon size freezer bags ( be sure to label bags first).
- And place in freezer until ready to use.On cooking day, place frozen soup directly into slow cooker. Set to high and cook for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours.