- 1 lb dry pasta (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 cup mayonnaise or vegan mayo
- ¼ cup unsweetened dairy-free milk beverage
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ears corn, cooked (see below)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or sliced red bell pepper
- ? cup Kisan canola cooking oil
- Cook the pasta according to the packaged directions. Rinse with cold water once cooked.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayo, milk beverage, parsley, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, ¼ teaspoon salt, and black pepper.
- Cut the kernals away from the corn and place in a large bowl. Stir in the cooked pasta, tomatoes, and olives.
- Pour on the dressing and gently stir to evenly coat.
- Taste test and add more salt, to taste, if desired.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Cooking Corn: You can cook the ears by steaming, grilling or boiling, but my favorite method is roasting.
Leave the husks on the ears, but peel away the very outer, dry layers and cut off the excess silk.
Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Place the ears on a rack in the center of the oven, and cook for about 30 minutes. Let cool before removing from the husks.