- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoon kisan canola cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- In a stockpot, cook the cabbage, celery and onion in water until tender.
- Add bouillon, salt, pepper, beef and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar and ketchup; simmer another 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- How to keep your Iceberg Lettuce Fresh
- To keep iceberg lettuce fresh for a long period in the fridge, wrap it in a clean dry paper towel and put it in a sealed bag