- 2 Tilapia Fish
- White Pepper
- Sauce Ingredients
- 1 tbsp Kisan canola cooking Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Sweet Onion or Shallot, diced
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tbsp Capers or more to your taste
- Heat the kisan oil and butter in a heavy frying pan. Lightly dredge the fillets in the flour, salt, white pepper, and shake off the excess. I like to use Wegmans Pan Searing Flour with sea salt and white pepper. There is little waste because I can shake on the flour needed. (Wegmans is our local supermarket and they have a wonderful line of food products.)
- Place tilapia into the frying pan and cook until lightly browned on both sides (a few minutes per side).
- Remove the fish from the pan and keep warm in the oven. I set my oven to the warm setting and I place the fish on a pan covered with foil.
- Add the wine to the pan, stirring up any browned bits of flour. Add the onions and cook for 1-2 minutes until they are softened. Stir in the lemon juice and capers – cook for another minute. Plate the fish and spoon the sauce over the fish. Garnish with parsley and lemon slices if desired.