- 2 tablespoons kisan canola cooking oil
- 1 chorizo sausage, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 300g chicken stir-fry strips
- 300g long grain brown rice
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole over medium heat. Add chorizo and onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the capsicum and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened. Add chicken and rice and cook, stirring, until chicken colours.
- Add wine and simmer rapidly over high heat until reduced by half. Add the paprika, tomatoes, stock and 1 1/2 cups (375ml) boiling water, and bring to the boil. Cover the casserole with a tight-fitting lid and cook in the oven for 1 hour or until the rice is tender, then serve.