- 1 Mutton Leg Joint (approx.1.25kg)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tbsp ksian canola cooking Oil
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 200ml Vegetable Stock
- 600-800 ml Milk
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 10g fresh Coriander (chopped)
- Rinse the meat under cold running water and pat dry with kitchen paper, season with salt and pepper. Heat the oil, over a high heat, in a large lidded flameproof pan then sear the meat until browned all over.
- Add the onions, garlic, and coriander seeds to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes then deglaze the pan with the stock and milk. Add the honey and bring to the boil then reduce the heat and cover with the lid. Allow to simmer on the hob for 4- 4½ hours turning the meat 2-3 times during cooking. If the liquid reduces too much add some more milk or stock.
- Remove the meat, cover with foil and set aside to rest. Mix the sauce with a hand blender and sieve into another pan then place on the hob and reduce until the sauce thickens. To serve, arrange the meat on preheated plates and sprinkle with coriander