- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 purple Asian shallots, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon kisan canola cooking oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, thinly sliced
- Green onions, thinly sliced, to serve
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Place lemongrass, shallot, chilli and garlic in a mortar and gently pound with a pestle until a paste forms. Add sugar, combined sauces and oil, and stir to combine. Place in a glass or ceramic bowl and add the chicken. Stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 1 hour to develop the flavours.
- Thread the chicken evenly among the skewers. Preheat a char-grill pan on high. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a platter, sprinkle with green onions and serve immediately with steamed jasmine rice.