- Water – 2 cups
- Sugar- 2 to 3 tsp
- 1/2 tsp churned Kashmiri green tea leaves
- Cinnamon powder or 2 inch cinnamon stick
- Almonds – 8 crushed.
- Saffron – Few strands
- Heat water in a pan.
- Pound cardamom and cinnamon with the help of mortar pestle.
- Once water starts boiling put sugar and pounded mixture and let it boil for a while.
- Churn the tea leaves with the palm of your hands and throw in the pot. At this stage you may add few strands of saffron too.
- Stir and let it brew for a while.
- Crush the almonds and divide between two cups. Pour Kehwa into cups. Straining tea is optional. I like to see boiled/crushed cardamom floating.
- Your Kehwa is ready.