- 1/2 cup reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup kisan canola cooking oil
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 8 green onions, trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- steamed white rice, to serve
- Soak skewers in cold water for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine soy sauce, stock, mirin and sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce has reduced and thickened slightly. Allow to cool completely.
- Thread chicken and onions onto skewers. Place onto a plate. Brush with sauce.
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat until hot. Grill skewers, basting with sauce, for 6 to 8 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with rice.