- 2 tbsp Kisan sunflower cooking oil
- 2 medium brown onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- fresh ginger (4cm), grated
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground garam masala
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1.5 kg beef chuck steak, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 cup (250 millilitres) beef stock
- 1/2 cup (140 grams) yoghurt
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- In a large saucepan, heat oil; cook onion, garlic, ginger and spices, stirring occasionally, until onion softens. Add beef; cook, stirring, until beef is covered in spice mixture.
- Add stock to pan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover; cook, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated and beef is tender.
- Serve curry topped with yoghurt and sprinkled with coriander.