- 250g dried corn and rice spiral pasta (see note)
- 2 teaspoons kisan canola cooking oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 1/2 cups tomato passata sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 cup grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add mince.
- Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Add sauce and paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add mince mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese to pasta. Stir to combine. Spoon mixture into six 1 cup-capacity ramekins.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until pasta is heated through and cheese has melted.
Many school canteens will warm up food for lunches, particularly for kids with allergies and limited food choices. Make sure food is clearly labelled clearly with the child's name and any instructions.