- 1 Tbsp kisan sunflower cooking Oil
- 1 Whole chicken, cut into pieces, or 8 chicken thighs / drumsticks
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Sweet chilli sauce
- 1 Tbsp Fresh thyme, chopped or ½ tsp dried herbs
- 1 can Crushed tomatoes
- 8 Apricots, halved fresh apricots or a 400g can of apricot halves
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Chicken stock, powdered
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or saucepan and brown chicken pieces for 2-3 minutes on both sides until lightly browned. Set chicken aside.
- Drizzle a little more oil into the same pan and fry onion and garlic until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add back the chicken, along with the tomato paste, sweet chilli sauce, herbs, tomatoes, apricots, water and stock powder. Roughly break up the apricots with a wooden spoon.
- Stir all ingredients together and partially cover with a lid.
- Simmer on medium heat for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Serve hot with rice, couscous or mash, and greens.