- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 2 tablespoons kisan canola cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (35g) semi sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or chilli powder to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- Sliced red onion, chopped avocado, coriander leaves, crumbled feta and warmed tortillas, to serve
- Reserve 1 tablespoon each red and green capsicum to serve. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat and cook capsicum and garlic for 4 minutes or until softened. Stir in stock, tomatoes, sun-dried tomato, tomato paste, spices, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/3 cup (80ml) water. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Add beans and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve with reserved capsicum, onion, avocado, coriander, feta and tortillas.