- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced radishes (from 2 bunches), divided
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato (about 8 ounces), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼- ½ teaspoon white or black pepper
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh radish greens or parsley
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1¾ cups radishes and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are beginning to brown and the radishes are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add potato, milk, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potato is tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Working in batches, puree the mixture in a blender (or in the pan with an immersion blender) until smooth. (Use caution when pureeing hot liquids.)
- Slice the remaining ¼ cup radishes into matchsticks. Serve each portion of soup topped with 1 tablespoon sour cream, some radish matchsticks and a sprinkling of radish greens (or parsley).