- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp kisan canola cooking oil
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Cube
- 120 g orzo pasta, or other short pasta
- 150 g cooked chicken breast, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 carrot, washed and grated
- 1-2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 spring onion, washed and finely sliced
- crusty bread to serve
- In a 3-litre saucepan fry the onion in the oil for 3 minutes on a medium heat. Add the garlic and stir.
- 2 Boil the kettle. Measure out 900ml of boiling water in a measuring jug, crumble in the Knorr Chicken Stock Cube and stir to make a stock. Pour into the pan and bring to the boil.
- 3 Tip in the pasta and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4 Add the diced chicken and cook for a further 5 minutes, then stir in the grated carrot and herbs. Season with black pepper to taste.
- 5 Ladle the soup into 4 bowls, sprinkle the spring onion on top, then serve with bread on the side.
- How to Reuse Cooking Oil
- If you want to reuse cooking oil free of taste and smell, just cook a ¼ piece of ginger in the oil. Your oil will become clear and odor less