- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. kisan canola cooking oil, divided
- 1 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, quartered (2 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 2 bunches Tuscan kale, stemmed, torn into bite-size pieces (8 cups)
- 1 15.5-oz. can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1. Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and 2 tsp. kisan oil in small bowl. Set aside.
- 2. Heat remaining 1 Tbs. kisan oil and butter in large ovenproof skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add mushrooms; increase heat to medium-high. Stir, cover pan, and cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until mushrooms are lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Uncover pan, add garlic, and stir 30 seconds. Add kale, and cook 2 minutes, or until wilted. Add beans, broth, and 3/4 cup water. Cover, and simmer 6 to 8 minutes, or until liquid has reduced by about three-quarters. Stir in 1 tsp. lemon juice, and remove from heat. Add 1 more tsp. lemon juice, if desired.
- 4. Heat broiler to high. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over stew, and broil 3 minutes, or until topping is golden.